Best Multi-Function Pressure Cookers
Cooking Made Fast and Easy..But Still Tasty
In these busy times, we always try to find ways to save time to pack our schedules with as much activity as we can handle.
Cooking is one of those activities that many people put time and effort into doing. But thanks to technology, cooking can now be done fast. efficient, and tastier.
Pressure cooking has provided better options for the woman of the house to have savory meals prepared in a short period of time. Where before, pressure cookers were used only to make tender meat dishes, now, pressure cookers come with other functions that make it a one-piece cooking wonder.
Why Use a Multi-Function Pressure Cooker?
- 1 Why Use a Multi-Function Pressure Cooker?
- 2 Best Multi-Function Pressure Cookers on the Market
- 2.1 1. Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
- 2.2 2. Hohm Pressure Cooker Pro Multi-Functional Electric Pressure Cooker.
- 2.3 3. Secura 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2.4 4. Rosewill 7-in-1 Electric Multi-functional Programmable Pressure Cooker
- 2.5 5. Gourmia-Smartpot-Programmable-MultiFunction-Stainless Pressure Cooker
- 2.6 6. Crock-Pot 6 Qt 8-in-1 Multi-Use Express
- 2.7 7. Aobosi 6-Quart 8-in-1 Multi-functional Electric Pressure Cooker
Admittedly, the pressure cooker, even the multi-cooker at that, does not cook all food as best as we would want it. Of course, meat becomes tender, and so do chicken breasts. But pot roasts tend to be a bit chewy. And fish has the tendency to be soggy when over-cooked. Why use the pressure cooker then?
The most important reason for using the pressure cooker is consistency in cooking. Because there are timers, you are assured that for as long as you follow your instructions, your meals will turn out the same-no more, no less. Plus, if you use a multi-function pressure cooker, you do away with the other pans and pots you have, e.g. rice cooker, saute pan, slow cooker (redundant), and yogurt maker.
Another advantage of the multi-function pressure cooker is that it produces very little heat so it does not warm your kitchen as much. And the best part? Your multi-cooker uses very little energy unlike when you are using the traditional stove-top pressure cookers.
Best Multi-Function Pressure Cookers on the Market
1. Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
This programmable pressure cooker can cook rice, enable sautees, steam, make yogurt, warm food, and even slow cook.
This cooker has 14 smart programs to address specific cooking times for different food. It has a stainless steel inner cooking pot, the bottom of which is 3-ply to enable even heating. The cooker has a microprocessor that monitors temperature, cooking time, and adjusts heat intensity while cooking.
- The cooker has dual pressures to address high-pressure cooking foods and a low pressure setting to avoid overcooking specific kinds of food e.g. fish, leafy vegetables
- Temperature can be manually adjusted to allow for greater cooking flexibility
- Inner pot markings on water levels provide a safe guide so there will be no overflows
- When used for sauteing, inner pot may move because there is nothing to hold it in place
- Inner pot receptacle is fixed and has a space between the lid and the receptacle mouth so it will be hard to clean
2. Hohm Pressure Cooker Pro Multi-Functional Electric Pressure Cooker.
This is a 7-in-1 multi-function pressure cooker that can do the work of 7 different individual pans: sautee, pressure cook, porridge, slow cook, sear, warm and even cook rice! This pot has 9 pre-set programs to cook almost anything from rice to cakes. The cooker also has a manual mode so that you can adjust cooking times. It also has a 24-hour timer delay so that you can program when you want the food to be warmed.
- Energy efficient due to twin layer insulation
- Easy to use with one click buttons
- Easy to clean
- Inner pot, though non-stick and of stainless steel, is coated and coat may wear through time
3. Secura 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
This 6-in-1 pressure cooker has a simple interface so that it can be easily operated even by a new user. The cooker has a cool-touch finish so that burns and accidents are eliminated. It ghas a temperature and time control so that cooking times are as desired.
- Inner pot is dishwater safe
- Digital display interface is simple and easy to understand
- The temperature control system controls the release of steam so that you need not have to add water
- Does not meet the maximum 250 degrees temperature so to compensate, add more cooking time
- The rack that comes with the pressure cooker does not fit in the inner pot
- After searing food, the equipment would not allow pressure cooking of same food: it only does warming functions after
4. Rosewill 7-in-1 Electric Multi-functional Programmable Pressure Cooker
This 7-in-1 multi-function pressure cooker seal cooks food providing nutritious and delicious food much faster than those prepared traditionally. The cooker has 12 pre-set functions for ease in operation but can also be operated manually.
- Equipped with close lid anti-explosion safety devices
- Big inner pot that holds 6.3 quarts
- Cooker top is detachable so that it does not go in the way when stirring
- There is no delay timer: so, if you want to heat something, then you just have to push on warm and turn the equipment off as soon as the desired level of warmth is achieved
- Maximum temperature of food will be as programmed i.e. if you put in water and set temperature at 60 degrees centigrade, maximum temperature will be 60 degrees and water will stay at 60 unless you set this at boiling temp of 100 degrees centigrade
5. Gourmia-Smartpot-Programmable-MultiFunction-Stainless Pressure Cooker
This multi-function pressure cooker cooks in eight different ways, including grilling. The programming provided by the cooker helps save time as opposed to cooking on a stove top. The cooker features as large digital LCD monitor for easy operation. It also has a thermostat to control inner pressure and temperature.
- The cooker pre-settings allow for easier, no-hassle cooking as you just need to press a single button for your type of food
- The cooker has multiple safety features that help eliminate the risk posed by traditional pressure cookers e.g. letting steam off or fluid fountaining out of the cooker
- Inner pot is detachable and covered with Teflon so that food does not stick inside the pot in the cooker
- Teflon as an inner coat for the pot is not as durable so it is recommended to just hand-wash the pot instead of putting it in the dishwasher
6. Crock-Pot 6 Qt 8-in-1 Multi-Use Express
Crock Pot is the leader in one-pot cooking. This 8-in-1 cooker has a delay timer but will not work for sautee, yogurt and warm. It is recommended that the delay timer be not used for food that will spoil: e.g. meat, fish, vegetables
The pot features a 24-hour delay timer that lets you program cooking at a later time so you have hot food at a time you need it. The inner pot is stainless steel and is stick-free so it is easy to clean.
- Cooks almost everything, including, desserts
- Cooker stays sealed under pressure for safety
- This pot has the biggest inner pot relative to the rest of 6-quart pots
- The crock-pot has no manual settings. To address adjustments in time, it is recommended for user to press the “Beans/Chili” button as the pressure can be adjusted to low or high and time from 5 minutes to 2 hours
7. Aobosi 6-Quart 8-in-1 Multi-functional Electric Pressure Cooker
This one-pot cooking system enables you to cook all your meals without the need for different pans. In addition, you get delicious food that retains its nutrients because of fast cooking.
The cooker has a steam-release button that you can operate even while cooking. However, it is advisable to release pressure once the cooking is finished
- Reduces the stress of cleaning multiple pans as you can cook almost everything in this cooker
- Pressure cooking enables you to seal in flavors
- The lid comes off when you turn the lid counter-clockwise when you open the cooker, This will enable easier cleaning of the whole equipment
- The cooker has no auto-shutoff. However, when food is cooked, the cooker will automatically go to auto warm, where pressure is released prior to opening of the cooker
From the time the first electric multi-cooker has been invented, several brands have come out, each one trying to do the other in terms of features and benefits that buyers of the equipment can get. With the many brands available, we have narrowed down our choice on the following factors:
- The speed of cooking: This is one factor that is most important as it not only saves time: the shorter the cooking time, the better the nutrients are retained.
- Quality of Food: Because of high internal pressures in the cooker, cooking times should be correctly calculated: otherwise, you will have soggy and over-cooked food.
- Cooking Space: The bigger the cooking space, the better the food will cook.
- Safety Features: Admittedly, traditional oven-top pressure cookers posed blow-up risks. Electric pressure cookers have the facility to control pressures and temperature so that it is important for your electric cookers to have safeguards against blow-ups or spills.
- Durability: Of course, as electric multi-function pressure cookers cost more than traditional pressure cookers, you would want to get one that could provide you good years.
- Price: Let’s face it-other things being equal, this would really matter.
What is the Best Electric Multi-Function Pressure Cooker?
Based on the factors that we have considered, the following are the best choices for multi-function electric pressure cookers:
Best Multi-Function Electric Pressure Cooker: Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
Best Value Multi-Function Electric Pressure Cooker: Crock-Pot 6 Qt 8-in-1 Multi-Use Express